The New 2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee
In a state defined by the Great Outdoors, Jeep’s Grand Cherokee is an uncontestable favorite among Oklahoman car buyers. The series offers a strong combination of performance in style that virtually every driver can find value in. Its evolution over the years has continuously set standards for SUVs across the board, and by all indications, 2024 will be no different. Its predecessor is a 2023 IIHS Top Safety Pick and 2023 NEMPA Best in Class Mid-Size SUV, after all.
Read this article to learn more about what’s new and notable in the latest Jeep Grand Cherokee lineup, the trim options available, and how you can get behind the wheel of your very own.
2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Performance
Most iterations of the 2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee share the same 3.6-liter V6 engine, capable of delivering up to 293 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. That’s not your only option, though; higher trim levels can be outfitted with a larger 5.2L V8 engine for even better horsepower and torque ratings of 357 and 390 lb-ft, respectively. Everything is set atop a robust metal frame and controlled by an eight-speed automatic transmission. This year’s release of Grand Cherokees comes in both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Interior
The Grand Cherokee is built to be a workhorse first and foremost. But that’s not to say its interior can’t feel like a luxury SUV. So says Jeep, which went above and beyond to make the inside of this vehicle as showstopping as its outside for 2024. Across trim levels, you’ll find a diverse selection of material options, from cloth to Nappa leather to Palermo leather. Higher-level Cherokees come outfitted with enhanced lighting features around the dashboard and cupholders.
2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Color Options
Being the kind of car you take everywhere, the Jeep Grand Cherokee should match your personality inside and out. Luckily, this year’s lineup is available in a wide range of tones to fit with style preferences of all kinds. Selection varies by trim level, but you can expect a modern and sleek paint job in any case.
- Bright White
- Baltic Gray Metallic
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
- Silver Zynith
- Velvet Red Pearl
- Midnight Sky
- Rocky Mountain Pearl
2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trim Levels
The Jeep Grand Cherokee’s value lies in more than excellent series-level performance and design. Breaking things down trim to trim, it’s clear that this vehicle’s popularity is also due in part to its diverse catalog of configurations and flexible price points. Keep reading to learn more about the eight trim levels featured in Jeep’s 2024 Grand Cherokee lineup, from the entry-level Laredo all the way up to the show-stopping Summit Reserve and find the perfect ride for your long journeys.
We call the Laredo ‘entry-level’, but in comparison to other SUVs of its class, it’s really anything but. The base level of the 2024 Cherokee series, this vehicle establishes a strong foundation upon which further trims are built. Rev up the standard 3.6-liter V6 engine to generate 293 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque – enough to tow 6,200 lbs. The 23-gallon fuel tank allows for as much as 437 miles of cruising range in the city and an even further 598 miles on the highway. That works out to a fuel economy of 21 MPG.
Inside the Laredo awaits a comfy interior designed to fit up to six people. Cloth-lined cushions provide ample comfort to everyone on board, and drivers benefit from the added convenience of a power-adjustable seat.
- Automatic Climate Control: Maintain an optimal cabin temperature with the help of Jeep’s advanced Automatic Climate Control system.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Forget the aux cord. This SUV’s Bluetooth connection capabilities make playing tunes at full blast both easy and wireless.
Like the Laredo, but in search of something that offers a little bit more? The Laredo X is worth a look over. It can be best classified as an evolution of the original trim – adding functional and aesthetic features for a slightly higher price tag.
Prime among these are a power sunroof, 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, and 265/60R18 BSW All-Season LRR Tires. This equips the SUV to tackle a broader range of weather conditions throughout the year. Consider it your very own camping-trip-mobile.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Capabilities: The Laredo X touts an impressive spread of onboard infotainment features, including a large touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities.
- Keyless Entry: This standard – and extremely convenient – feature allows you to access the inside of your vehicle without the manual use of a key.
Let’s venture a bit higher by exploring the Grand Cherokee Altitude. Similar to the Laredo in many respects, it maintains impressive performance ratings while inviting a few extra bells and whistles to the party.
You’ll immediately notice this SUV’s larger 20-inch wheels, which have been coated in a striking gloss black paint that stands out amongst other vehicles in the lineup. Heated front seats come as standard, as does a major upgrade to the steering wheel: leather trim.
- Heated Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel: The 2024 Altitude’s heated leather steering wheel proves that luxury can indeed come standard in an SUV.
- Rain-Sensitive Wipers: From trickles to downpours, you can count on this vehicle’s rain-sensitive wipers to always keep the road ahead clear.
The Altitude X and Altitude have a relationship akin to that of the Laredo and Laredo X. This ‘evolved’ version matches its counterpart with respect to foundational characteristics and performance but takes other things further for a premium.
With the Altitude X, drivers are afforded the added luxuries of a power sunroof and rugged 265/60R18 BSW All-Season LRR Tires. While the wheels are slightly smaller at 18 inches, that downsizing can be compensated by the numerous upgrades available in the Quick Order Package 22M Altitude X.
- Steering Wheel Audio Controls: Having control of the Cherokee’s wheel means getting control of its radio, too. Built-in steering wheel audio controls literally put the power of decreasing and increasing media volume in your hands.
- Multi-Zone A/C: The Altitude X comes with a multi-zone A/C system to keep passengers in every part of the SUV cool on hot summer days.
Did someone say Capri leather seats? Because the 2024 Limited has them. That’s in addition to tasteful ambient lighting, woodgrain interior trim details, and a large 10.1-inch infotainment display. You’ll be able to connect it to smart devices using Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, or Android Auto, and even hotspot passengers with Wi-Fi while on the go. A premium audio system makes the Limited a favorite among music lovers in both the front and back row. Everyone’s backside is sure to remain comfortable for the entirety of your journey thanks to standard heated seating.
This SUV’s practical features tie the entire package up with a bow – enjoy remote engine start, remote trunk release, keyless start, a power liftgate, and adaptive cruise control alongside other guaranteed perks.
- LED Fog lights: Rain, snow, hail, or dust, the Limited’s strong LED fog lights will keep your path clear no matter the weather conditions outside.
- On-Board GPS: Your days of fiddling with that cheap GPS are over. This vehicle comes equipped with a built-in navigation system that can do the job even better.
Exclusively purchased in four-wheel drive, the Overland caters to a breed of car buyer that strives to both figuratively and literally go the extra mile. That’s made obvious by its Off-Road Info Pages, which leverage cellular signals to keep drivers fully informed of their ride’s height, transfer case, pitch, and roll.
The standard 3.6L V6 Gas engine can be upgraded to a 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT for extra power, which stands to be further enhanced by AWD Quadra-Trac II low-range transfer case and adaptive air suspension upgrades.
- Power Adjustable Steering Wheel: This feature allows you to tilt and reposition the height of your steering wheel with just a few clicks of a button.
- 20-Inch Alloy Wheels: Stand tall and roll forth confidently on 20-inch alloy wheels, among the largest in the 2024 Cherokee lineup.
If you’re open to paying a higher price for more value, consider the 2024 Overland. It exceeds prior Cherokees in multiple respects, the most notable being style. With this option, you’ll get tons of visual upgrades, from a gloss black roof to illuminated cup holders. The seats’ perforated Nappa leather and quilted bolsters seem impressive until you realize they can double as a massage chair.
- Gloss Black Roof: The Summit’s characteristic gloss black roof will make a statement from top to bottom wherever you travel.
- McIntosh Sound System Upgrade: Does 19 speakers worth of premium audio sound nice? After experiencing it in this SUV, you’ll consider it an uncompromisable upgrade.
Lastly, at the very top of the 2024 Cherokee series, we have the Summit Reserve. Think of it as the classic Summit on steroids. For an added cost, you can unlock a seemingly unlimited list of upgrades that no other trim in this year’s release can offer.
We’re talking about the works here; 21-inch alloy wheels, ventilated rear seats, extended leather trim, and open-pore wood details. Jeep offers the option to spring for a more powerful 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT engine.
- Front Passenger Interactive Display: A high-tech display will keep your riding companion occupied on long and short trips alike.
- Palermo Leather Seats: The Summit Reserve goes beyond the already-luxurious Nappa offerings of its basic version to offer Palermo leather seats.
Enjoy Added Peace of Mind with the Jeep Wave Program
Regardless of which Grand Cherokee you choose, rest assured that it will be an investment that lasts. Jeep’s Wave Program provides buyers with extra confidence by way of several exclusive benefits and perks. It’s just one of many reasons why Oklahomans consistently choose Jeep as their preferred brand of vehicle.
Membership in the Jeep Wave Program includes:
- Coverage of first two oil changes within the first 24 months of ownership
- Coverage of first two tire rotations within the first 24 months of ownership
- Service completed by a specially trained Jeep® Brand technician
- Unlimited mileage at no additional charge throughout the two-year program
Experience the New 2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee at Patriot CDJR of Pryor
Now that you’re clear on what makes the 2024 Grand Cherokee such a special midsized SUV, why not come down to take one for a test drive? As a leading Jeep dealership in Pryor OK, Patriot CDJR of Pryor is equipped with the selection and vehicle knowledge you need to make a smart SUV purchase. Our expert team is always happy to run through available configurations options and colors and can even arrange a financing plan to get you behind the wheel faster. Stop by today!